belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, I am getting closer. I can now find my Insight Switch with UPnP, and I have a HomeItem that can turn it on and off and read the power consumption. Right now I am refactoring the auto-creation framework so it can handle auto-creation from the UPnP-Events. It goes a bit slow when you only get the odd hour in the evening to code... You can actually follow the progress in GitHub on the wemo-branch: https://github.com/NetHome/NetHomeServer/commits/wemo
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

So, now I have built a first rough version of the Belkin Wemo Insight switch Item. It is still a little rough around the edges, but it would be good if someone could test it a bit. It currently logs a bit extra while I am trying it out. To use it you must first create a UPnPScanner-Item. After that, you should be able to go to the Create/Edit-page and all Wemo Insight switches in the network should appear for auto creation in the bottom window. I will add more changes, but this is available in the nightly build.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Awesome job awesome, i test that soon when my switch arrive.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

I also added support for the ordinary Wemo Switch, but I cannot test it because I do not have one yet. Could someone help me out here and test if it works properly? It is in the nightly build now.
crisman

Post by crisman »

stefangsbb wrote: To use it you must first create a UPnPScanner-Item.
Hi, I would like to help!
I've downloaded the nightly build but I can't see how to create the UPnPScanner-Item, could someone give me an hint?

Thanks.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Are you sure you downloaded nightly build , I sometimes download normal version and look around where new features is :D.
My nighty build have ports/UPNP SCANNER.
Normaly Create/edit find list upnp scanner.
and that scanner find 3 devices my home :D hhhmmm maybe there is wemos somewhere and I don't know :D.
BTW Stefan that was awesome job , but do you think that need some nice logging feature same what temp sensors draw?. ofc notdegrees but kw/h or something?.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Nasty76 wrote:Are you sure you downloaded nightly build , I sometimes download normal version and look around where new features is :D.
My nighty build have ports/UPNP SCANNER.
Normaly Create/edit find list upnp scanner.
and that scanner find 3 devices my home :D hhhmmm maybe there is wemos somewhere and I don't know :D.
BTW Stefan that was awesome job , but do you think that need some nice logging feature same what temp sensors draw?. ofc notdegrees but kw/h or something?.
Yes I'm sure!

I go to Create/edit Item and cannot see that option, what I'm doing wrong?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

1) Go to the Create/Edit page
2) In the top window, scroll down to the ItemType "UPnPScanner" and press the "Create Item"-link to the right
3) Enter a name of your scanner and press save and activate

Scanner is created!

Now you should be able to press Create/Edit page again and hopefully your Wemo should show up in the bottom window.
crisman

Post by crisman »

I'm must be blind! :geek:
I've downloaded again the nightly build, used IE and Chrome, cleared the browsers cache and could not find the item, what's next?
I'm starting to get paranoid!!!
crisman

Post by crisman »

OK!! Solved!!

I've stopped the Javaw.exe process and started again, finally could see that option!!
Something on Java was causing the issue!!