belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Nasty76

Re: belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Post by Nasty76 »

Ok got it to work.
-1 find mobile device where you get wemo app :( , how nice my wife earlier phone was Samsung android :D.
-2 config wemo insight via wemo app , select correct wlan, and pw for wlan.
-3 nethome add upnp scanner.
-4 pickup wemo item in add/create bottom box where come events
-5 give some name that wemo relay.
-6 enjoy your wemo stuff via nethome.
-7 Good job Stefan , all again work as excpected you do nice damn nice job with nethome , and bad bad belkin there is item which is nice but that configure etc stuff is so bad design , oh why when wemo has wlan gateway OH WHY, Oh why you cant connect there via browser and setup that. Damn belkin, expensive item , and how hard is make easy platformess setup for that. I make some email to belkin support and tell them how they make good products :D
ps. if you don't know how make something , I can maybe help you I have messing up 2 years soon via nethome. Stefan help too and he knw how stuff work because he create whole nethome , but Stefan is busy man I think. I have time to answer stuff and if something need explained real time I can give my Skype account so we can text chat there in real time. I have help many finnish guy with nethome. But I cant talk Skype because my rally-English-finnish. but I think we can fix many issue via text chat.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Hmm , after adding wemo lamp , and upm scanner I get log error.
15.03.31 20:08:31 HttpSOAPConnection SAAJ0009.p2p.msg.send.failed
15.03.31 20:08:27 HttpSOAPConnection SAAJ0009.p2p.msg.send.failed
but wemo work ok.
Ah never mind I think I have wemo items what I first try add manual. no more errors , I think.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

crisman wrote:
OK, go for it!

I think on ONH there's some lack of information, not only about the application and its modules but how to use the devices, well at least for me that I'm a noob and sometimes I can easily get lost trying to put all working.

:cry: :?
Well, the documentation is a bit lagging sometimes. I guess partly because it is much more fun to spend the time adding new features... When it comes to the Wemo stuff, it is extra hard right now because the features are not really done yet, so you are getting it sort of hot off the press ;-). When the Wemo stuff is done, the UPnP-Item will for example be automatically created. I will try to improve the documentation over time. In the mean time, thanks Nasty76 for helping me out and explaining stuff when I don't have time to look in here!

Normally I make sure I have all documentation in place when I make a release, but I have been really lazy with making releases lately, so all the cool stuff is in the nightly builds right now...
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Yeah np , Stefan I try help as much I can :D. and now I enjoy that wemo item , that show my laptop charger take 100w power when battery is allmoust empty :D.
And yeah , maybe add popup warning when download nightly. example something all features maybe not documented ,and use at own risk :D.
Btw I see now one little bug with wemo, there cannot give manual ip address so if router change ip that module via dhcp , module not work, and im not see any idea how give wemo module static ip. Well there is allways trick how you can manage ip even item not support that. I think all wlan station has some mac address to some ip feature so , next step is I test that. I hope I can take ip-range 192.168.1.150-192.168.1.199 to wemo etc homeautomation stuff, dhcp range is 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.140 and servers and nas are 192.168.1.200-253.
here is screen shot my modem where I force allways that weme mac address get ip what I want.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Stefan,

I wouldn't realise that you're alone in the development of ONH, seeing by that way its really stressing to make all development and in parallel have to make all documentation, this project really seems great and unfortunately I'm not a developer to give some help and my knowledge on the application is very limited to help on documentation, I've to thank you for the effort you have trying to get the Wemo devices working with ONH, at this time is only this devices I want to control in ONH but I've some 1-wire sensors that plan in near future to connect to my RPi 2 with an external module and it would be nice also to have them "connected" to ONH.
I want to thanks also to Nasty76 for his will to help me in future.

Thanks guys!!
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Crisman , don't hit head wall with onewire stuff , ask me and I help I have 7 onewire temp sensor , this moment backup nethome use owfs software to get temps , share that network as samba share , and perl script sent onewire temp data via udp packet to nethome. I can help you if you make that via onewire master chip , or bitbanging onewires via raspi gpio pin.if you know how solder :D and have solid hand I recommended owfs software and example this i2c onewire master chip: DS2482S or use raspberry pi gpio pin at start there you need only one resistor :D.
I can give u ready scripts so you get temp sensors working.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Nasty,

The sensors I own are from this manufacturer (http://www.hw-group.com/products/sensor ... re_en.html)
I used to have them connected to this device Poseidon (http://www.hw-group.com/products/poseid ... _en.html#p)
Can I use them on ONH?
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

lets change pm :D . this is wrong topic to talk onewire :D
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

@Nasty76

The problem with the changed IP will solve itself when I am done. Right now it is actually enough to got to the UPnPScanner and press the scan button, then it should update it with the new IP automatically. When I am done, all this will be automatic.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Hey Stefan , good you have think that ip issue , good work like allways.
I hate thinks where you cant manual set parameters, I don't realy want my wemos , jump dhcp area :D. so I force them manual address just so I know where them need to be if something not work. dhcp is ok normal guys I think.