RollerTrol?

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Mastiff

Re: RollerTrol?

Post by Mastiff »

As far as I know RollerTrol is the cheapest, at least. They work well too. Kind of impossible to know what they would cost to import and ship without having any idea where you live... :lol: But the easiest way is to contact them and ask for a price with shipping and then do the math yourself on import taxes.
lassiko

Post by lassiko »

Hi Mastiff,

I live in Finland. I think Stefan has e.g. ordered Rollertron to Sweden so price should be very similar.
So what i need is(?):

1. http://rollertrol.com/store/en/mini-mot ... motor.html (i assume this is enough for all size Tupplur blinds?)
2. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40228398/
3. http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bygg/Fasteleme ... rtId=86559

Something else? Does Tupplur comes with all needed bindings etc?

Thanks!
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

That should be pretty much it, yeah. The Tupplur comes with fasteners, but you need to use those that comes with the RollerTrol motors. So all you need is the blind itself and the black plastic cap on the end of the Tupplur mechanism to pull over the end roller of the RollerTrol. And you need a roll of electrician's tape to wrap around the RollerTrol end cap that's at the opposite end of the blind for the motor. It's far too small. Make sure you tape it so there is a ridge that will stop the roller from moving further into the blind. That will happen if you make sure you roll the tape over the ridge that is there already.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

I actually skipped the tape and just used O-Rings. On the end cap I used one 3/4" x 1" O-ring as end stop and two 11/16" x 7/8" O-rings as adaptors:

I did a similar arrangement on the outer end on the motor (to the right in the picture below), but there only one of the smaller O-rings will fit:

On the rotor end I did exactly as Mastiff did, only I had to add some electrical tape to get a tight fit in the Tube (see the left end in the picture). I actually mounted it in my bedroom this weekend and it works like a charm!
lassiko

Post by lassiko »

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the pics, always helpful.
How much was total cost delivered to Sweden and how long it took to arrive?

Does it come with power adapter?
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Stefan, wish I had thought about that roller part. Would have saved me a couple of hours with the tape roll! :oops:

Oh, and I actually had a bit of tape on the plastic from the Tupplur mechanism too, I just forgot to mention that.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

@Lassiko
To be honest, I don't know what the full price including shipping would have been, I got a very good price from RollerTrol since I needed it to do the integration work in OpenNetHome. The shipping took about a week I think.

It came with a power adapter. I needed to buy a separate cable with the plug, since the one delivered with it has Canadian plug on it, but it is a standard type of cable in the other end.
lassiko

Post by lassiko »

I got price info from rollertrol. Delivery fee is 90usd. Then adding tax + custom fees, totally it would be around 220usd. Starts to be unfortunately too expensive roller blind for me..
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

You should consider a group buy with somebody. When I bought my 15 units I was ordering together with 3-4 outher automation freaks from a forum in Norway. We ended up with a great price, I think that was around 40-50 units all together.