RollerTrol?

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Mastiff

Re: RollerTrol?

Post by Mastiff »

Here's the result of sending with the Tellstick. Any comment necessary? :mrgreen:

Before:

After:

As for the RFXtrx, I'm not really following you. I have that directly to EG, with your plugin for that. Do you mean if somebody has it connected via ONH?
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Wow cool!!!

When you say sending with TellStick, do you mean the full path EG -> NetHomeServer plugin -> RollerTrolCommand -> ONH -> TellStickDuo or is an internal command from ONH ?

As for the RFXtrx, I'm not really following you. I have that directly to EG, with your plugin for that. Do you mean if somebody has it connected via ONH?
I was just meaning if you use a RFXtrx action (send_rollerTrol) this can be picked up by TellStickDuo and ONH as well and then the event is returned back to EG. Like this path

EG -> RFXtrx plugin -> sendRollerTrol -> RFXtrx ... in the air ... -> TellStickDuo -> ONH -> NetHomeServer plugin -> EG
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Yep, pretty cool for something done from a place two hours away. :) I am also able to entertain burglars with black metal on very high volume in every room while they're waiting for the cops! They better have a high tolerance for Svartidauði (Icelandic band)! :mrgreen:

Yep, I sendt from a command that first was created in ONH and then made into an action in EG. So the full monty.

And now I understand what you meant. That's what's happening all the time with the signals sendt to the ovens in the different rooms. Which, along with the myriad of temp sensors was my main reason for wanting to have the ability to block stuff in the logger. Only have had time to do a few of them so far, though. I think I'm going to expand the full heating system, so every command is sendt both by the RFXtrx and the Tellstick via ONH. That way I can make sure that stuff works!

Btw I was thinking (sorry if I go slightly off topic on your board, Stefan!) : Is it possible for either ONH or a plugin in EG to interface to Telldus Live, like some apps for Android do? That way I could have three things sending, so lots of redundancy! And I could have regular redundancy at home without having to buy a Tellstick Duo there (I already have a Tellstic.Net both places, which are used as a last resort to reset or turn on the physical server that runs the automation VM's).
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Personally, I am not using TelldusLive! and I am not planning either, I prefer local control, especially with the bad history you have seen people earlier reporting (it might be they have fixed their server main issues today but from time to time, you still see people complaining).

I am still waiting for the long time ago promised firmware for the .Net so that it would be Duo compatible, but still waiting...and now I doubt it will ever come since the Live account model (Pro) is simply too good business for Telldus, why would they support initiatives that could reduce their business?
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I have a free account with them, I have never seen any payment model. Is that something new? As for local control, that's 99,9 % of my setup, the Telldus.Net has been used maybe 3-4 times the last years, after crashes in the previous server system (regular i7, now I'm using Xeon) and power outages that has lasted long enough to eat up the battery in the UPS. So I guess I'll better go for a single redundancy system both places. Well, I guess if both fall out there's a bigger problem...like a house on fire! :lol:
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

version = "1.1.7b8" is up

I have fixed the filtering issue and also made some minor performance improvements
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Thanks! But since I'm not going to use this for real in a week or so I'll just wait and see if you find anything more you can change in the meantime, if you don't mind. As long as you don't need a quick betatest (like the "does it work? yeah, it works when I try it once" style). :mrgreen:
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

@mastiff really nice to see that it works now! With the photos to prove it.

@Walter I tried using a toaster as icon for appiancies, but it fails. Imagine the plan view where I place a blind on my window, and what you see at the window is - a toaster :? .
I have to rethink this.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I'll just wait and see
Fine, I am planning to add support for some more lamp types, like Philips Hue, Wemo etc
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Sooo, I have now added more functions to the RollerTrolBlind Item. The new features I have added are:

State, so you can see if it is up, down or how many percent down it is. You have to enter the total travel time of your blinds (in seconds) and then it counts time to give real time estimates of how far the blind have traveled, like "Down 45%". This works even if you maneuver via the remote control.

Predefined positions, you can define two predefined positions (in percent of total travel) where you can send the blinds. This works even if you have manually stopped the blind in mid travel before.

All commands are now included, also the setup commands Confirm, Limit and Reverse.