Nethome Talking temps , alarms etc

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Nasty76

Nethome Talking temps , alarms etc

Post by Nasty76 »

Hehe , its me again , I have too much free time I wait my some stuff to come post.
This idea was come my mind when forgot freezer open , and temps rise and that's not good so. what we need so we get talking nethome.

1. buy some speakers which connect 3.5mm jack.
2. apt-get update and apt-get upgrade
3. apt-get install mplayer
My self I buy 10 euros Samsung active speakers which take power usb , and has 3.5mm jack.

second I look google some idea how raspi can talk and find way use google translate speech via raspi command line and look this is so simple. here is sh scripts which talk my freezer temp out as speakers.

Code: Select all

!/bin/bash

lampo=$(cat /onewire/devices/10.68F1D8020800/temperature)
lampo=$(printf "%.1f" $lampo )
lampo1=${lampo//./,}

say() { local IFS=+;/usr/bin/mplayer -ao alsa -really-quiet -noconsolecontrols "http://translate.google.com/translate_tts?tl=fi&q=$*"; }
say $* $lampo1
lets see code little closer.
first variable is my freezer temp what I read cat command.
second variable convert temp only 2 decimal
3 variable change . , because finland speech we use , not .
first say line is google url which play answer via mplayer.
there is end of line section tl=fi change this en and you get English speak.
google accept only 100 bytes data so you cant talk whole book or log :D.
Enjoy and listen how your nethome talk for you
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Nethome Talking temps , alarms etc

Post by stefangsbb »

Cool, NetHome speaking Finnish! You can also create a ValueTrigger in NetHome, which triggers when the temperature in the Freezer is too high, and have that script as trigger action.

I use the XMPPClient to send a mess to my phone if the temperature is too high in my freezer...
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Well dear Stefan , I think you know me , I have jabbar which tell me if fridge or something is weird , like you , cool stuff is if Im not home and kids leave freezer door open , nethome tell them shutdown door , and I get jabber message :D
I mean I have value triggers already which look 2 freezer and 2 fridgerator or what we call that which keep milk cold etc but not - degress :D.
I was like wow how good google talk api is , now when that is possible use we have unlimited ideas where that can be use :D
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

how good google talk api is
Yes, the quality is really good, we use it since a while back in EventGhost, there is a plugin for this purpose, very easy to configure
http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6315

Yeah, I know, EventGhost needs Windows but I can tell you my friends, all of you hunting less power consumption, I am running my whole home automation on this little box with Win7 64bit
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=5118#ov

and there is silence, no heat generated and it consumes only 5W and has amazing performance. This power consumption is just as much as my Raspberry Pi with the RaZberry module consumes, also 5W

Best regards, Walter
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Well , I use raspberry pi only for gpio, that is realy nice feature to have, and my work we try make 24/7 windows machine and I can tell that not gonna happened , allways they update self , java try update or something and system not work like we think :D this is second section why I use Linux and raspi to serve nethome 24/7. this is only my opion , and ofc pi is cheaper , I have here 3 pi , one nethome , one owfs , last one run osmc. so what I calculate my raspi cluster cost same that one gigabyte machine :D
But that's why nethome is multiplatform , people can use which they trust.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

allways they update self
I agree with you, I have disabled automatic update so I check from time to time and do manual. But in my case, using EventGhost as well, I have to run a Windows box too. But I love RPi's