Timer seems to use UTC time

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
blueblue

Timer seems to use UTC time

Post by blueblue »

Hi,

I have just started playing around with NetHomeServer which I now have installed on a Raspi togheter with a Tellstick Duo. I''m using the latest nightly build. One thing that i noticed was that the Timer item seems to be using the UTC time and does not adapt for local timezone.

Can anyone confirm that this is an issue or if I'm doing something wrong?

Kind regards
Martin
LarsGertsen

Re: Timer seems to use UTC time

Post by LarsGertsen »

Hi,

I also tried the daylight timer (the one where you can set time for all days), and I also notiched that it used the UTC time

I will try the sunTimer tonight to see if it the case here as well. If it is so I can "cheat" by e.g. setting A=+1:00 when I live in an (UTC+1) area
(SunTimer can use up to 3 variables in your time settings)
LarsGertsen

Post by LarsGertsen »

Hi,

Have anybody checked if the R and S use the correct time or also UTC?

Regards
Lars
Jocke.g

Post by Jocke.g »

I use the SunTimer, and it works perfectly with my local timezone (sweden). Have you configured your raspberry pi to use correct time zone? Can by done using the command raspi-config.

//Jocke
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

Jocke.g wrote:I use the SunTimer, and it works perfectly with my local timezone (sweden). Have you configured your raspberry pi to use correct time zone? Can by done using the command raspi-config.
Yes, my raspi should be correctly configured regarding time and timezone (also sweden). I haven't had time to look into yet, maybe I'll find some time soon.

//Martin A