Philips HUE and NEXA equipment

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
HAJ

Philips HUE and NEXA equipment

Post by HAJ »

Hello,
I have two questions I’m struggling with. Hope someone can help me, please :)

My current system:
I have a Philips HUE system (bridge and some light bulbs) and some NEXA equipment (EYCR boxes and on/off switches).
I have also installed OpenNetHome server on a Raspberry 1 (it works and is connected to the Philips HUE bridge).
Instead of buying a NEXA bridge, I’m more thinking of a Telldus Tellstick Znet Lite v2, so I can control all 433Mhz and Z-wave equipment – is that a wise choice?

What I am wondering:
Question #1: Is it possible to set up a NEXA on/off switch, which communicates with all my NEXA equipment and Philips HUE light
bulbs (through OpenNetHome server)? I am thinking of having that switch placed besides my main door (so I can switch off all HUE lights and NEXA sources when I leave the house).

Question #2: Is it possible to set up a Philips HUE dimming switch, that communicates with some of my NEXA equipment (eg. some of my EYCR boxes)? I want to place this switch in the second floor so I can turn on several light sources (Philips HUE and NEXA powered light) in the morning and perhaps dim the lights as well. Is it possible?

Brg
Hans Arvid
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Philips HUE and NEXA equipment

Post by stefangsbb »

Ok, the answer to question #1 is yes, I am doing that in my home. In OpenNetHome you can mix controls and dimmers/switches between different systems. You will need some device to receive the signals from the Nexa-On/Off-Switch, for example a TellstickDuo. With that you can also control the Nexa devices. I am actually also using Z-Wave switches with the half-ready Z-Wave support in OpenNetHome.

The answer to question #2 is unfortunately no, OpenNetHome can not (yet) receive signals from the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch.

A side note is that Philips Hue is not using Z-Wave, so you will have no use for Z-Wave when controlling them.

Hope this helps!
HAJ

Post by HAJ »

Hi,

Thank you for your answers, highly appreciated :)

#2: Is it possible to make a script (of some kind) in OpenNetHome that uses a time function of some sort?
I’m thinking of using a NEXA switch (instead of the HUE dimming switch) and if I eg. press the switch between 00:00 and 06:00 it turns the light on, but dimmed and if I press the switch after 06:00 it turns on the lights fully bright?
Is it possible to make different profiles based on what time it is?

:)

Brg
Hans Arvid
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Dealing with time in OpenNetHome is usually done with timers. One way to do what you want is to use the set-command as action in a timer to change the OnBightness of a HueLamp.

You create a SunTimer and set the time period to 06:00->23:59 for Mondays (leave it as " for the other days to repeat the period)

As OnCommand you first select "Set" and save, then you edit the string to "set,lampToDim,OnBightness,100" and apply. After that you do the similar thing with the OffCommand and set it to "set,lampToDim,OnBightness,50", where "lampToDim" is the name of the lamp you want to dim.

This way the timer will modify the brightness of the lamp according to the schedule you configure. You can change the color of the lamp in the same way.
HAJ

Post by HAJ »

Thank you :)