Controlling brightness only if the lamp already is on

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Magnus

Controlling brightness only if the lamp already is on

Post by Magnus »

Thank you for a great application!

I have made a fake window with Ikea Floalt panels and it would be great if it to some extent could mirror the light outside. Is there any way to, for a technical novice, create a scenario like the following? If the lamp x is already on and sunset occurs, set dim level 2 otherwise do nothing? The catch is that I don't want to turn the light on if I'm not home, only set the dim level it if its already been turned on.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Magnus
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Controlling brightness only if the lamp already is on

Post by stefangsbb »

You can create a SunTimer where the action sets the OnBrightness attribute to a lower value at night and back to a higher value in the morning. If the lamp is off, it will not be turned on by this and if the lamp is on, the brightness will be changed immediately.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Thank you for your answer, though I didn't find a way to set OnBrightness from the SunTimer. Since I can't access Onbrightness if I use the lamp in the timer's OnCommand my best guess is that I should I use the custom action Set, but I haven't figured out how?

Best regards,
Magnus
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Ok, no - the GUI for the set command is really cryptic (sorry for that). This is the way you do it:

First select "set" as action, and press the apply button. After that, the command will look like this:

Code: Select all

set,[item name],[item attribute],[attribute value]
Edit the text, so [item name] is replaced by the name of the Lamp-Item, [item attribute] is replaced by OnBrightness and [attribute value] with the dim value you want. The result may for example be:

Code: Select all

set,My Lamp,OnBrightness,50
Then you press the apply button again.

Hope this helps...
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Brilliant, it works perfectly. Thank you!