SunTimer

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
TommyS

SunTimer

Post by TommyS »

Hi,

When I use the SunTimer, some times the Time Today, witch I suppose should show witch time the timer will act to day, is empty.
I also experiencing that the timer wont always trigger when it should.

Is there anything I can have done wrong?

Running on a Raspberry Pi and latest night build.

Thanks,
Tommy
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: SunTimer

Post by stefangsbb »

It could be that there is some error in the format of the timer string for that day. There is no good error reporting for bad format strings. So if you don't see any times in the "Timer Today:"-attribute, please check the format for that day.
TommyS

Post by TommyS »

Hi

I have checked the format a couple of times and tried different variants.
Now it looks like this: S-00:30 -> 22:30

I have an older version of ONH in running (I upgrading to a new rasp and latest versions) and I have the same problem there. I thought that there was a bug and it was fixed in a newer version.
But no one else seems to have problem with the timer so it must be something in my installation.

Is there any detailed log for the timer?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Hmm, no, the timer does not log very much, but the problem might be the spaces - you cannot have spaces before or after the ->

If this does not help, send me your config-file and I will take a look at it (/etc/opt/nethome/config.xml).

Also the problem might be the sun rise or sun set. If I today would define the period: "07:00->R" it would result in an empty "Timer Today", since the sun rise is 06:16, which is before 07:00.

Hope this helps...
TommyS

Post by TommyS »

Ahhhh yes! No space did the trick :)

Thx a lot!