Logical Items in NetHomeServer

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
PeterS

Logical Items in NetHomeServer

Post by PeterS »

I'm looking for a way to combine the status if different Items into logical combinations. E.g. If Lamp 1 is on and RemapButton 2 is switched on do this else do that. I guess I need the normal logical building blocks like if - then - else, and/or etc. Is there a simple way to accomplish this without programs and scripts outside NetHomeServer?
/PeterS
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Logical Items in NetHomeServer

Post by stefangsbb »

Hi Peter

There is no simple way of doing this with the current Items in OpenNetHome, so right now you would have to solve that with an external script. I am not sure how this function would look if I would try to create Items to do this. Maybe you have some idea how you would like this kind of function to work?

/Stefan
PeterS

Re: Logical Items in NetHomeServer

Post by PeterS »

Hi Stefan,

I guess there might be many ways to achieve this, but without spending to much time thinking about the details I think a kind of "Conditional Remap Button" could do this. When this item is triggered it first checks a list of conditions of other items and if all conditions are true, a specific command is executed. If all conditions must be fulfilled we have a logical "and" function.

If we want an "or" function the user could make two separate Conditional Remap Buttons with slightly different list of conditions. Not very smart, but maybe good enough for many purposes.

/PeterS