documentation on opennethome?

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
JosAH

documentation on opennethome?

Post by JosAH »

Greetings,

I'm brand new here (read: almost no knowledge at all abouf zwave) and I can't find any documentation of opennethome (all links I can find are dead).
Currentlly I'm trying to use the opennethome software: I'm using the Shell class and I recompile the JSON objects returned by it, but that's about all I can do; it's prorbably my total ignorance about zwave itself but allow me to ask a couple of (umelated?) questions: how can I group certain devices? (e.g. a couple of binary swithes, so I can switch them all on or off together). Does a group have its own node id or are all swithes going to react sumultaneously? And what does that Configuration.Get command do? Programming is no problem; I have been programming proressionally my entire life and after my stroke I have plenty of time on my hands but I think I'm too old now to reverse engineer everything without any documentation.
The docs supplied by silabs contain head nor tail for me (sorry about that). I've bought an Aeotec serial stick and as far as I can see, it does what it has to do, but no more than that for now ;-)

thanks for any usseful pointers and

kind regards.

Jos
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: documentation on opennethome?

Post by stefangsbb »

Hi Jos,

Sorry for a really late reply...
I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do here. The ZWawe-support in Nethome, is on a quite rudimentary level right now. The only kind of devices supported are switches, dimmers and simple meters. You can create Z-Wave lamps in nethome and then create a LampGroup to control a group of lamps, which sounds like what you are trying to do.

The site was down for a while due to a mishap at a PHP upgrade, but the documentation is back up now, so it should be possible to find some more info now.