Nethome goes multiserver mode , problem

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Nasty76

Nethome goes multiserver mode , problem

Post by Nasty76 »

Hey guys , I hit weird issue when I try make 2 nethome running.
My idea was pi 1 is master nethome , pi 2 is backup nethome server , which listen only commands via tellstick.
Ok all work good , pi 2 switch items on /off etc work like charm , now my bug brain script hit in which not work.
I wanna check that pi 1 status , and if that fail not answer ping , or event quee full or something , I wanna sent command pi 2 which is.
set,Tellstick,TransmittedProtocols,Nexa,NexaL,
ok I can hit them on via set command but only first parameter which this line is Nexa, is that possible sent set command which activate transmit protocols both on ,Nexa,NexaL,

and can I switch back pi 1 when that is up and running then sent command, set,Tellstick,TransmittedProtocols,NULL , so there is nothing protocol to sent.
Guys don't scare this post raspberry pi is good to keep nethome running , but my whole home work via nethome , so if I wanna update nethome server , I love feature if backup nethome continue there where first stop :D
there is picture where see 2 nethome keep stats item status,
Best Regards, Nasty76
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Nethome goes multiserver mode , problem

Post by stefangsbb »

If you want to include a comma in a parameter, you have to quote it as %2C
You can see on this page: http://wiki.nethome.nu/doku.php/commandportsyntax which characters has to be quoted. In your case the command should be: set,Tellstick,TransmittedProtocols,Nexa%2CNexaL

Hope this helps!
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Oh wow that was fast answer , thanks.
how about that empty string then ?`:D
when I wanna stop sent commands.
Thanks for super fast answer.
Ps. that not work via action button :D
I wanna add manual click too if automatic go bananas :D

Best regards,
Nasty76
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Ok, this was one step more messy than I expected. This is the same escape codes that the browser use, so the escape code gets "eaten" when you save the value. A temporary solution is to escape the % as well, so the line would be: set,Tellstick,TransmittedProtocols,Nexa%252CNexaL
The escape code is %252C, when %25 is the escape code for %. I will have to think about a better long term solution for this.

To set it empty, just set it to x, since there is no such protocol, the effect is the same.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Thank you i need look this maybe better way or something.
Real big thanks fast answer