Issues with timers etc

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
lassiko

Issues with timers etc

Post by lassiko »

For some reason, i cannot get timers to work anymore. I mean that if i e.g. create a WeekTimer to set a lamp on, timer will not send the ON or OFF command. Manually ON/OFF buttons from weektimer item works just fine.

I also did check tellstick log through telnet and no actions when timer should send commands. Homemanager.log also tells nothing related to this issue.
I have latest nightlybuild installed.

Also, few days i have been wondering that why i cannot view graphs from any temperature logs. Just now found out that in every log file, there is this line:

Code: Select all

2015.06.02 03:00:00;22.4
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@2015.06.02 04:00:00;22.3
2015.06.02 04:15:00;22.3
After fixing that, i can read graphs again. I think that there has been a electric break on that time and for some reason that line has been written to log files. Not sure if this is related to timers not working-issues as well in someway?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Issues with timers etc

Post by stefangsbb »

Strange... The junk in the log file is likely due to power outage, the filesystem/SD-cards are a bit sensitive to that with the pi.

The timer issue is a bit more mysterious. I did a quick try with the latest build on a pi and created a new WeekTimer, and it worked just like it should. I was a bit confused at first though since the time on the pi was set wrong and because of that it did not work as I expected. Once I had set the time right everything worked like it should. I cannot really see the connection between the timer and the corrupted files.

Do you have the problem for one specific timer or all of them?
lassiko

Post by lassiko »

Just tested and yes, seems that this issue is with all timers. I tried with my daylitetimer (for outdoor lights) which has been disabled during summertime, but it did not work either anymore.

It (seems) that all other current items are working OK. How could i start to debug this problem? RPi Time is correct, i have also RTC to keep it in time.
I am aware that SD card is very sensitive for power outages. Need to find some good UPS solution as first one i tried did not work as it was should do.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

This is still kind of a mystery for me. Both the WeekTimer and DayLiteTimer uses the same library for implementing the Alarms, but that has not changed, and the timers do not share any run time resources. I wonder if this is a state that occurred after the power outage. This sounds a bit obvious, but have you tried restarting manually to see if it logs anything special during startup and if the problem still occurs?

It is a bit difficult to debug something that does NOT happen... But I have added some additional debug logging in the WeekTimer and uploaded as nightly build. It will log when timer entries are added when you change the times and save in the Item. To activate debugging, you create a DebugManager-Item. Set the LoggerContext to "nu.nethome.home.items.timer", and the WantedLogLevel to "Fine" and press Apply. After that you select "ApplyLogLevel". You shuld see log entries like: "Adding on alarm entry: 20:54" when you save changes to the WeekTimer.
lassiko

Post by lassiko »

Thanks for the reply. I will try this later and let you know the results!