Plan settings UpdateInterval

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
mara

Plan settings UpdateInterval

Post by mara »

I have few Nexa door sensors (LMST-606) which are working great with OpenNetHome and Tellstick Duo.

Door sensor event is configured to NexaLCAdvancedRemapButton item. Open/close activates Scene to run script and to change ActionButton item image. ActionButton item is located in Plan.

Now here is the problem. I would like to see the ActionButton image to change in "almost" realtime when I have the Plan page open but the ActionButton image does not change unless I refresh the page from browser.

Plan item has UpdateInterval setting but I can't find any info what does it do. I have tried setting UpdateInterval to 0,1 and 2 but it does not make any difference.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Plan settings UpdateInterval

Post by stefangsbb »

Wow, you are really using the features of OpenNetHome! Unfortunately you have stumbled upon a feature that does not exist (yet). The plan view constantly updates the displayed values of the items in the plan, like the temperature of a thermometer or the state of a lamp. It also updates the icons of lamps which is dependent on the lamp state. The frequency of this update is what you see in the UpdateInterval. The java-script doing this does not however update icons of ActionButtons. I did not really foresee this use of them... I have had requests to be able to customize icons of Items, and I will take this use case into account when I look in to that. It is not something I will fix right away however...
mara

Re: Plan settings UpdateInterval

Post by mara »

Heh.. I can understand you did not foresee this usage of ActionButton. With my not-so-logical thinking, I figured out that since you can not change icon for lamp, you are supposed to do it this way.

Anyway, thank you for your great work with OpenNethome! I have been running this software at home for 6 months without any problems. Keep up the good work!