Jython integration

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
jas

Jython integration

Post by jas »

Hi Stefan,

I tried to send you PM, but I guess I have not been posting enough on this forum to be able to do that :)

Anyway, if you are still interested, I could merge my jython changes to latest master and send a pull request. That way you would not need to go through all the other modifications I have done.
I'm able to do it only in the beginning of December, but I guess that will not be a problem. It doesn't look like you are going to run out of things to do anytime soon... :D
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Jython integration

Post by stefangsbb »

Strange, I think I have configured so you can do that... Well, I would be really interesting to see what you have done regarding Jython, but as you say, I do not have a lack of things to do in the project so December is just fine.

Out of curiosity, are you using one Jython instance for the whole server or multiple?

I have also been playing with the idea of making it possible to write entire Python Items, have you been experimenting with that too?
jas

Re: Jython integration

Post by jas »

There is only one jython instance.

I have not tried to write python items. I started to play with python, because I felt nethome didn't have any easy way for conditional execution. I added enable/disable property for some items (mostly timers) and that helped a lot, but was not really enough. With python it is easy to do different things based on variable values etc.