Daylite timer. Switch on at sunset, no off time.

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Patricz

Daylite timer. Switch on at sunset, no off time.

Post by Patricz »

I would like to do this in Daylite timer: [S]-
What I am expecting this to do, is to to turn the lights on at sunset and never turn off. But it does not switch on at all. I tried this: [18:00]- which is working fine.

What is it i have not found out yet?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Daylite timer. Switch on at sunset, no off time.

Post by stefangsbb »

This may be a bug in the timer, you should be able to do that. As a workaround, you may have to set an end time at midnight and a start time the next day...
ewallquist

Post by ewallquist »

I think this is the same bug that I reported a while ago. Currently I have set [S]-23:00,23:00- which works but is a bit annoying since all the lights turns off and then on again at 23:00...
niclas

Post by niclas »

I have the same issue.

It never works with a "-<10:00-10:30>,<14:00-15:00>-" expression, as long as I set random time set, it will not trigger.

Got it to work when only using "-[R],[S]-" but this is not the optimal use case for me as I like to get the data from the light sensor to moderate the function, not the sunset or sunrise function. Random is more important in my case to emulate presence.

Also, another issue,when trying "10:00/[R]-18:00" it will always set start time to 10:00. I haven't got it to trigger on the S or R event in this case.
I'v tried to move the static start time before or after the current R value, but never succeeded having the R or S value to take precedence.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Hmm, I am aware that the Daylite-timer has some quirks... It is however contributed code, and I have been kind of hesitant to go in and try to mess too much with it. I have however started planning a next generation timer, and we have started brainstorming a bit in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78, please join if you have ideas on features.