Setting Scenes to Enabled/Disabled

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
weekendowel

Setting Scenes to Enabled/Disabled

Post by weekendowel »

On some items there are a setting to set it disabled or enabled, for example valuetriggers.
I see a great benefit to also have that for scenes.

For example:

I have a timer to send action message to a scene at 22:45 (to turn off some lights)
On some ocations I like to delay that and it would be great to set scene to disabled and when timer then tries to trigger action at 22:45 nothing happens
I could then set scene to enabled and activate action if I want to turn off the devices belonging to that scene.

Could this be a good idea?
jas

Re: Setting Scenes to Enabled/Disabled

Post by jas »

I think it is a good idea. I have added enable/disable functionality to scene and interval timer in my nethome server and they work fine.

For example now I can have a movement detector on driveway which always rings a doorbell in the house when movement is detected. It also starts outside light timer, but the light timer is enabled only between sunset and sunrise, so the lights will be turned on only when it is dark and not during daytime.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

I agree it is a good idea. It is also relatively easy to implement, which is a nice combination - so I have also implemented it and it is now in the nightly build.
It is fun to hear that you are extending the system jas, I hope the new addition does not cause problems for you with your implementation when you upgrade.
weekendowel

Post by weekendowel »

Great! I will update and try it out! Thanks for so quick response