Nexa Doorbell LML-710

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
ewallquist

Nexa Doorbell LML-710

Post by ewallquist »

Hi!

Has anyone tested to use Nexas doorbell LML-710 with OpenNetHome and does it work?
Also, slightly ot, is it possible to log switches and lamps in OpenNetHome, for example to count the number of presses on the doorbell during a day or the number of detections made by one of my motion detectors outside?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Nexa Doorbell LML-710

Post by stefangsbb »

I have not tested the doorbell, and I am also curious if it works... Regarding the counting, it is currently not implemented, but it was a good idea - it would be quite simple to write a CounterItem, so you would connect the action of the doorbell or IR-Sensor to the count-action in the CounterItem. If no one else writes that Item, I might do it when I get some time over...
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Yes , its work , I have use that long enough to tell that work :D. I have own made plugin where is only on button and I can shutdown doorbell button when im not home so dogs not go mad if someone try ring doorbell, and when outdoor is opened nexa magnet switch activate doorbell again to work. I have perl script too which write time every time when doorbell has used. ofc nice feature is if that is native inside to nethome.
plugin can found here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/po420zphc4e88 ... l.jar?dl=0
ewallquist

Post by ewallquist »

Well, I had to buy one and test and can try to share what I found so far...

The button LMLT-711 acts as an Nexa learning button but will only send the ON command. On some occasions after pressing for more than 3 sec I got the same button number but on another address.

The Doorbell LMLR-710 acts as a lamp, actually four lamps. I can create four different lamps and use them to set the codes in the doorbell, one sound for each lamp. After this when I switch on a lamp the doorbell will play its corresponding sound once unless I use lamprepeater.

Nasty76, I have not tested your plugin yet but will do as soon as I get some more free time from my son.
ewallquist

Post by ewallquist »

...one more thing... when it comes to the counter, would it be possible/easier to add the possibility to graph the state of switches as an alternative? I was thinking that i could be great to be able to monitor some of the "lamps", not only how many times it was triggered but also when during the day.
A graph like the existing ones but with on/off on the Y-axis.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

That is an interesting idea. I guess I could add some functions to the ValueLogger so it could interpret On/Off as numeric values so it could graph it. The downside is of course that the resolution is 4 samples per hour, but if that is ok it would be quite simple to add.
ewallquist

Post by ewallquist »

For me I do not think that the problem is the resolution, the only problem I see is that with a 15 min resolution it will be luck to detect a pressed button but if the graph would show On if it has occured during that 15 minute period that should be enough.