IKEA Trådfri groups

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
mikkot

IKEA Trådfri groups

Post by mikkot »

Hi,

Could you please enable the Trådfri lamp groups defined in the Trådfri bridge to be configured as an item in ONH?

This would allow users to trigger groups of lamps simultaneously. I'm currently having 8 lamps within a single physical "lamp frame" and would like to all of the bulbs to switch on/off at the same time without delays.

It should be doable as other home automation platforms support it.

BR,
Mikko
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: IKEA Trådfri groups

Post by stefangsbb »

Hi!

I am sure it is doable. I down prioritized it, since the same concept already exists in OpenNetHome (LampGroup-Item). Do you think this could meet the requirements you have?
mikkot

Post by mikkot »

Hi,

Yes, that's right, but it makes the functionality less elegant as the lamps turn on one by one. Also, there's no control over the color temp (other than indirectly via "warm dim" set for individual bulbs).

This is not a super critical feature, but something I'd appreciate.

BR,
Mikko
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Ok, I see. Yes, you will probably see that they are not turned on simultaneously.

You do however have some control over the color temperature. In the preset dimLevel positions for the lamps you can specify both brightness and color temperature. The two values are separated by a colon. You can access the dimLevels for all lamps in the lampGroup.

Hope this helps.
mikkot

Post by mikkot »

The colon thing I have missed before. That would allow one to configure "moods" or whatever IKEA calls them for each of the four dim presets.

One more thing that would make me happy is to achieve similar transitions for both color temp and brightness that you get by using an IKEA remote. As you probably have noticed, the remote does not change brightness or temperature values at once, but with a nice smooth transition. I have read that it could be done somehow (at least for the color temp) by controlling the "moods" configured in the GW/bridge instead of direct values, but I obviously cannot confirm this...

But maybe the current functionality is good enough for now. It's a bit hard to ask more for a free software with an excellent support :-)

Br,
Mikko