Osram Smart+

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
soundsgood

Osram Smart+

Post by soundsgood »

Hi!

I have a Osram Smart+ plug connected to my Hue.
Unfortunately, OHS does not seem to recognize this plug... It doesn't show up on the detected devices list...

Anyway to fix this?

Regards,
Lennart
soundsgood

Re: Osram Smart+

Post by soundsgood »

This is how the device is reported bu Hue:

16": {
"state": {
"on": true,
"alert": "select",
"mode": "homeautomation",
"reachable": true
},
"swupdate": {
"state": "notupdatable",
"lastinstall": null
},
"type": "On/Off plug-in unit",
"name": "Byrå Hall",
"modelid": "Plug 01",
"manufacturername": "OSRAM",
"capabilities": {
"streaming": {
"renderer": false,
"proxy": false
}
},
"uniqueid": "7c:b0:3e:aa:00:a3:b6:3e-03",
"swversion": "V1.04.12"
}
}
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Thanks for the listing, I was going to ask for that! I will see if I get some time during Christmas to look into adding support for this. With this info, it will be easier!
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

So, with the help of the json you supplied, I could find one problem that would prevent this lamp from working in ONH. I have fixed this and the updated version is available in the Nightly Build. Since I don't have any lamp to test with, I don't know if it will work now, but there is a chance that it will. Could you please try the new version and report back if it is works?
soundsgood

Post by soundsgood »

Downloaded and tested.

It works!

Thank you very much for this.

Regards,
Lennart
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Great! It is always tricky when I cannot test the stuff myself. The json you supplied made it possible to write a unit-test with the data, that discovered the problem, see https://github.com/NetHome/NetHomeServe ... tTest.java.
Don MC

Post by Don MC »

@stefangsbb
I have connected two Osram Smart+ plugs to ONH via the Hue Bridge (they show as Hue Lamps), but there's one problem: To turn the plug on via ONH, you have to press ON twice. To turn it off, one press OFF is enough.
Via the Hue App on my iPad, everything is normal (one click is enough).
My Hue Lamps and Trådfri Lamps function normally as well when commanded from ONH.
Any thoughts?

EDIT: It seems to sometimes turn on after just one push, but it takes 10-20 seconds for it to do it.

EDIT2: I assigned it to a Nexa wall switch. Single ON press does nothing, but a double tap turns the Osram on. The double tap can be very fast. I tried to assign the ON command to both PressOn and ReleaseOn and the Osram turns on even if I press and release very fast.

EDIT3: I created a Scene, called "OsramON".
Delay is 0.0.
Commands 1 and 2 are both "OsramSwitch - ON".
This works, but is not very elegant.
Last edited by Don MC on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

This sounds very strange. I have no clear explanation for this behavior. Can you look in the NetHome log and see if the Hue connection log any errors when sending the on messages?
Don MC

Post by Don MC »

I cannot find any log anywhere that would show anything like that. All there is in the WebUI log is stuff from when ONH was last started.
One further note though: When I press "ON" in the ONH item (OsramSwitch), the Hue App on my iPad shows the switch as being switched on for a few seconds, then turns back off again. The physical switch itself doesn't do anything, though.
When I press "ON" twice in the ONH item (OsramSwitch), the Hue App on my iPad shows the switch as being switched on and the physical switch is also turned on.

ONH v. 3.0-53b78
Hue Bridge v. 1806051111
Osram On/Off Plug v. 1.04.12
Don MC

Post by Don MC »

I’ll try and grab some info from the Hue API next, if I can learn how to use it...