belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Nasty76

Re: belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Post by Nasty76 »

oh ok , so java somehow get stucked and keep old nethome running or something , glad to hear you solve problem and can test now that item.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Hi there wemo users,

I have a little question if you could provide me with a sample of the wemo event that is sent to the TCP port?

With telnet, a typical event look like this:

Code: Select all

event,NexaL_Message,Direction,Out,NexaL.Address,4727194,NexaL.Button,6,NexaL.Com
mand,1,Repeat,9,Value,
But how does a wemo event look like???

To get it, open telnet, type o ip 8005 and enter, enter again, subscribe and enter

Thanks in advance
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Huston - we have a problem... The wemo switches do not send any events at all. The wemo switch items connects with TCP/IP directly to the switches. All items that use some separate hardware connection to talk to the devices, like Tellstick, use events to send information to the Item connected to the hardware. Wemo switches do not need that, there is no separate connection Item they have to go through.

I still regard the wemo stuff as very experimental. It is far from done, so things may still change. It has been very difficult to get information, specifications and help from Belkin. It is very different from Philips (hue) where there are excellent specifications and the support have been very helpful. Belkin do not even answer mail.

Now When I am done with RollerTrol, I may go back and work A bit with wemo, but I think I Will do some more hue funktions first...
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Well,,,,Houston here,,,,
Maybe is a misunderstanding, I am looking for the event that is (or should be) generated by ONH and distributed on the TCP port when you operate the switch from inside ONH. But since I have no such device, I just get url error messages when I try to simulate...

In respect to Hue, have a look at this thread, the plugin has really a rich support of various features
http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6770

Best regards, Walter
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, this is exactly the problem I meant - there is currently no such event. When you operate an Nexa-lamp for example, the Nexa Lamp Item sends and event, which is received by the Tellstick-Item (or AudioProtocolTransmitter, or BitBanger), which sends the command to the Tellstick.

In the wemo case, there is nothing corresponding to the Tellstick, since the WemoSwitch can talk TCP/IP directly with the physical switch, so there is no event (since it is not needed). But from your question I guess that you think there should be one anyway? You may be right, i did not really think about it since it was not internally needed... As I said, the wemo support is only half done so far...
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

But from your question I guess that you think there should be one anyway?
Yes, I think so. As soon as any item changes its state (that ONH is aware of) should be signaled on the TCP/UDP ports otherwise an integration with any other systems will be out of synch.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, you have a point there. I guess I have been thinking a bit more from the inner NetHome-perspective. When I continue with the Wemo-stuff I will add such events
crisman

Post by crisman »

Hi stefangsbb,

Have you updated your Wemo devices to the last firmware?
There are people on other domotic automation software that are currently having to change their plugins for Wemo's to work after updated their firmwares, I will buy an RPi 2 and try to install OpenNethome to work with my Wemo and would like to know if there are any issues, could you verify this?

Thanks,
Crisman.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, I just upgraded and tested. As far as I can see, my WemoInsightSwitch-item works fine also after FW upgrade. The Wemo Iphone app was a bit flaky just after the upgrade, but it seems to work fine now.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Ok Stefan!

I will try this weekend to install ONHome on my RPi 2, I think I've to install a nightly version to have Wemos to work, right?
Since your last Wemo intervention about two weeks ago do you have done more development on the Wemo stuff?

Thanks.