belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Nasty76

Re: belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Post by Nasty76 »

Hey thanks that was cheap :D knx is very expensive , and what I think that's 40 eur not are bad price to get 2 way communication via wlan which intrest me much , 433mhz is ok but there is problems , which cause one way communication , ofc with nethome we can use example 4 way nexa switch which are much cheaper than wemo switch. if belkin work good and nice I think I change some schecule my all 433mhz wall socket modules to belkin if we get that work in nethome.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Well, I'm not a developer but if you use the libraries that are present on the website links we talked on the second post (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26#p141) maybe is possible to put this work on nethome, another guy from the www.domoticz.com website used them on Domoticz and put the Wemo switch working on that domo software. See if you can do anything I would like to have my Wemo switch's working with nethome ;) .

Thanks.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

I have been reading up a bit on Wemo, and I think I will buy one and start experimenting a bit with it. In the mean time, you can actually control wemo stuff with nethome via the http://ouimeaux.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html software that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Ouimeaux lets you control wemo via command line, and OpenNetHome can run shell commands as actions.

As an example, in the OnCommand of a Daylite timer, you can first select "exec" and then press apply. After that, you can enter a shell command as action after the "exec," string. The command can for example be: 'exec,wemo switch "TV Room" on'.

If you have Ouimeaux installed, that should turn on a wemo switch called "TV Room".
crisman

Post by crisman »

stefangsbb wrote:I have been reading up a bit on Wemo, and I think I will buy one and start experimenting a bit with it. In the mean time, you can actually control wemo stuff with nethome via the http://ouimeaux.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html software that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Ouimeaux lets you control wemo via command line, and OpenNetHome can run shell commands as actions.

As an example, in the OnCommand of a Daylite timer, you can first select "exec" and then press apply. After that, you can enter a shell command as action after the "exec," string. The command can for example be: 'exec,wemo switch "TV Room" on'.

If you have Ouimeaux installed, that should turn on a wemo switch called "TV Room".
Fine!!!

If you buy the Wemo Insight Switch (https://www.cyberport.de/belkin-wemo-wl ... _8421.html) you can have the energie cost and power usage but I'm not sure if the libraries on Ouimeaux support this functions.

Thanks.
Crisman.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

My self i have very instrested modules which has energy meter , hope that can be inplement in nethome like we see how much energy insight switch report to us.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Hi,

Do you guys have more information about WeMo integration with NetHome or have been able to investigate a little further?

Thanks.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

I don't have get any module need maybe buy that some shop outside finland. Maybe Stefan has some info for belkin.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, I am actually working on that integration right now. I have a WemoInsight switch that I am experimenting on. The UPnP stuff it uses for discovery was a bit more complicated than I expected, but I am getting close now...
crisman

Post by crisman »

stefangsbb wrote:Well, I am actually working on that integration right now. I have a WemoInsight switch that I am experimenting on. The UPnP stuff it uses for discovery was a bit more complicated than I expected, but I am getting close now...
Great Stefan,

Hope you get it working and if possible access the information that Wemo Insight can give about power usage to make it available on NetHome.

Good Luck.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Hi stefangsbb,

What is the actual state of the WeMo integration on NetHome? Have you succeed it?

Thanks.