belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: belkin wemo wlan lamps and wall switch

Post by stefangsbb »

Yes, you need the nightly build to get the Wemo stuff. I have not been doing any Wemo work the last weeks, the RollerTrol stuff got higher prio for a while. To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with the Belkin support. I asked a few questions and I have gotten no reply at all. That is really bad if you compare with Philips (Hue) for example, they have brilliant support!

But I will continue with the Wemo stuff. I have actually bought their light bulbs as well, and I am half through integrating with that, but it would have gone faster with a little support from Belkin...
crisman

Post by crisman »

Stefan,

I don't know what kind of support you need but if you want some information about protocols used by Wemo and how to integrate with other software I know they will not give much info, there are other guys that want to integrate Wemo with their apps and have to find that integration in "foggy" or "blind" way, there's a guy on the Wemo forums that seems to know about how to communicate with the Wemo devices and I asked their collaboration for supplying his libraries and its knowledge to another automation project but it seems is only interested if there's a way to warn money because his app to work on android has to be paid.
Maybe if you try to contact him he could help you on this?

Its webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/

another website that maybe usefull: http://ouimeaux.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

this one is old but may help: http://moderntoil.com/?p=839&cpage=1

Thanks.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Thanks for the links chrisman. To be honest, I am mostly just grumpy. I am not really stuck right now, it is just that it takes so much more time when I have to do it the trial an error way... You would think that they would be interested in helping us who integrate with their hardware, since we actually help them sell more and increases the usability of their stuff. Oh well. I have not had any time this weekend, but I will continue with the Wemo Lamps.

By the way, I still have gotten no confirmation if the my implementation of the ordinary Wemo switch works, I only have a Insight switch, so I still need help testing the ordinary one.
crisman

Post by crisman »

I think you're right, if they help others to use their devices to integrate with external apps it would increase the sales of the devices.
I would like to help on what is possible but my knowledge in programming is "nul" and in linux is very basic.
I own 3 Wemo Insights, 2 Wemo switch's and 1 Wemo sensor, I think the basic switch should work fine since thats all some basic on/off commands, the Sensor just detects movement and then on the Android/Iphone app we establish some rule, for example if movement is detected turn the Wemo switch ON or OFF.
I think if you follow some technical information on the links I've posted you would learn a little more about the Wemo functionality, and since Belkin will have in near future more new devices it would be great to integrate them in ONhome.

Regards.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

I get today my wemo relay , hard wait is final over :D.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Nasty76 wrote:I get today my wemo relay , hard wait is final over :D.
Hi,

What are you pretending to do with the relay?

Regards.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

well , that wemo insight go my tv-rack I want need how much power that system take month. And I get one nexa relay free my dishwasher..
Btw Stefan , any hope to get insight icon change like control item, I realy hate lamp where that power on tv or other stuff :D
crisman

Post by crisman »

Nasty76 wrote:well , that wemo insight go my tv-rack I want need how much power that system take month. And I get one nexa relay free my dishwasher..
Btw Stefan , any hope to get insight icon change like control item, I realy hate lamp where that power on tv or other stuff :D
I would like to try again the Wemo devices on my new RPi 2, the steps to use are the same that were explained earlier on this post?
creating an "UPnPScanner" and so on?

Thanks.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

WELL LOL , I m total lost :D that not happened often , I just try look how add that my system :P
I can write how to when I know how that can be made :D
crisman

Post by crisman »

Nasty76 wrote:WELL LOL , I m total lost :D that not happened often , I just try look how add that my system :P
I can write how to when I know how that can be made :D

OK, go for it!

I think on ONH there's some lack of information, not only about the application and its modules but how to use the devices, well at least for me that I'm a noob and sometimes I can easily get lost trying to put all working.

:cry: :?