RollerTrol?

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Mastiff

Re: RollerTrol?

Post by Mastiff »

[ranting mode]Well, I do not put anything that Google has made on my server or automation server. Call me paranoid, but I seriously don't trust them. I still have an Android phone, but I use an Android firewall to block everything except for what I use. The GPS is totally blocked for everything except for TomTom.

Do not get the impression that I trust Microsoft either, it's just that when they do something fishy they always get caught red handed by some security researcher or hacker. For some reason or another Google has more "goodwill" in those circles, so they are left more alone. I value my privacy, so no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anything. These forums is as social as I get![/ranting mode]

But it was easy enough to fix, I connected to the VM from my laptop at home with Firefox. I have an OpenVPN tunnel between my cabin and home, I just don't want to use it for everything in case something messes up the physical server badly. I do have relays connected to the reset and power button, so I can fix most stuff, I just can't easily fix something that gets physically garbled.

Walter, I tried downloading the latest version that I could find in the OpenNetHome on your server, but that didn't read RollerTrol it seems. Where should I look?
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

@Stefan, I think toaster is fine
http://servicemerchandise.com/images/Ca ... iances.jpg

I also looked through available items and I just wonder, the rising sun lamp is categorized as a control, should it not be a lamp?

@Mastiff
It was maybe just not synchronized yet, now it should be. There is a new action you have to use to define macros to control RollerTrols, events should pop in without any additionals
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Sorry, W, I don't get it, it seems. I just now downloaded from this directory:

Release/NetHomeServer/Current%20version/

Is that wrong? I didn't find anything under "under construction".

Edit: Scratch that! I have the new RollerTrol command available to create. But nothing comes in the logger when I fire RollerTrol commands from the RFX, even though I see those commands in NHS' logger.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

OK, so I understand you have the latest now?

I am not really sure about your setup right now,,,using the RFXtrx,,,and TellStickDuo,,,should be fine. But, the RFXtrx will not receive its own commands if that is what is a bit puzzling

So if you are sending with the RFXtrx, it should be picked up by TellStickDuo and ONH
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Well, you're about right. I send with the RFXtrx, but I'm not expecting it to see it's own transmissions. The signal is received by the Tellstick and sendt to ONH, where I can see it in the logger window under create/edit. It's just that it doesn't show in the EG logger, like all other stuff that comes from ONH, except for the temperature sensors that I have blocked with your blocklist (and that's blocked with the ID of those sensors, so it can't be that).
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I think you have to have the device also configured in ONH to receive events for it -> EG

Or I have a bug somewhere...looking right now
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I have it configured in ONH, that was what made the error in the XML that blocked everything. :mrgreen: Also I wouldn't have seen those events in the logger of ONH without having it configured there.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

:oops: and I had a bug...

New version uploaded (version = "1.1.7b6")

Please refresh your browser once in the directory to be sure you get the latest

I have tested with the RFXtrx as well and even if commands are named a bit differently it seems to be ok. Except that RFXtrx is supporting the 'Set Limit' command that is missing in ONH
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

....I think I still have some bugs left...it seems partially working...expect a new version in minute or so
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Now I think...

version = "1.1.7b7" uploaded

Please note that when sending with RFXtrx, it is repeating the command multiple times. I have no filtering for this yet and it might not be a big issue but something I can look at after we got the events correctly