Oregon WGR800

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
Mastiff

Re: Oregon WGR800

Post by Mastiff »

Then I'm back at the cabin and have a bit of time. I have downloaded the latest nightly build (I assume that has the change you mentioned over - correct me if I'm wrong), and then I have created a command port (where I kept the standard port number 8005). But I'm not clear on how I subscribe to that. Should I use Telnet or something? :mrgreen:
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Yes, telnet to 8005 and then type "subscribe" and press return
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

No idea what I did but I suddenly have it in the fake item (thermometer) I created! It has to be correct because the battery shows 10 %, and that's because it's running on a solar panel, which no other units here are. :mrgreen:

But I don't think it's correct in the regular log, since I only have one wind sensor. I can't see the battery percentage there, but it seems to handle different stuff as a wind sensor. It's probably because I saw the wrong thing when I reported the sensor to you, sorry about that.

But I don't see it at all in the EventGhost log from Krambriw's plug-in. I think perhaps it needs a HomeItem for that to work. I'll ask him. If it's so, could you please make one?
lasse64

Post by lasse64 »

HI everyone!

Is there any progress on this subject? I own a wgr800 wind sensor and would really want this to work. i use the tells Live unit but the wind is not updated very often. So the readings is not right. I also own a tells duo and would really want this to work. i'm not a programmer so it's hard to get data from the sensor in the way i want. This forum is not very well used, thats to bad...
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Oops, I must have missed a post here earlier. Does this mean that there are several people wanting a HomeItem for the WGR800 Wind sensor? Then I could try to prioritize that and make one...
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I don't know about several, but I'm still waiting. :mrgreen:
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Sooo, now I have added a first try of the OregonWind-Item. As I don't have the real hardware to test with, it is a bit theoretical... I have a few unit tests to verify the basic functions, but I would need someone who has the unit to test it for me. Especially the wind direction is kind of a guess right now, I don't know which number is north...

It is in the nightly build.
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I have installed the latest nightly build, but I can't get the sensor, I'm afraid. :oops: I get it on the RFX which I run directly in EventGhost, and that's about 10 meters further from the sensor than the Tellstick Duo. Is there anything I need to change except for copying in that last build?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Mastiff wrote:I have installed the latest nightly build, but I can't get the sensor, I'm afraid. :oops: I get it on the RFX which I run directly in EventGhost, and that's about 10 meters further from the sensor than the Tellstick Duo. Is there anything I need to change except for copying in that last build?
Hmm, no that should be all. I could see in an earlier post from you that it showed up in your received events with ID 23, does it not show up any more?
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Oregon ID 23 is here. But when I try to create a new item from it, it can only be a hygrometer or a thermometer. I do not see a wind sensor as an option. And I think that's the wrong sensor, it seems to be a thermometer that has ID 23. Can that change? The Sensor Model is 1D20, but the battery shows 100 %, and that has to be wrong since it's on a solar panel and never shows anything more than 10 % in the RFX. I haven't seen it on the rfx for about two hours now, I don't know why. I may move it to the main room, by the Tellstick Duo just to see if I can get it in again.