Dashing.io - a really good dashboard / touch based control panel for OpenNetHome!

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
mikkot

Dashing.io - a really good dashboard / touch based control panel for OpenNetHome!

Post by mikkot »

Hi,

I have been searching for a good way to create a wall mounted control panel (or panels) for ONH. This week I finally found it!

This is exactly what I have been longing for. The platform is called Dashing (http://dashing.io). It can be used to create really nice looking dashboards for any usage. There are many readymade widgets available and the development/run environment can be set up really fast. It has designed to be lightweight enough to be run e.g. on RPi.

There is already a GitHub project for openHAB (https://github.com/smar000/openhab-dashboard), but nothing readymade found for ONH - yet.

Thus, I took the Github codebase and started porting it to NHS. This is done with the REST API. I'm new to Dashing and also new to Ruby that is used as the programming language, but during the last two evenings I have managed - with trial and error - to have a running Dashboard with basic functionality (temperature, light switching) in place and it's now proven that the platform really works!

The thing is I don't have much time for it and would like someone (who hopefully knows something about Ruby too :)) to take a look into this.

Anyone interested?

And any cheap tablets for sale? I could by one for each room :P

-Mikko-
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Dashing.io - a really good dashboard / touch based control panel for OpenNetHome!

Post by stefangsbb »

Wow, this was really cool! I would like to have this too... Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a kind of large implementation of another feature in OpenNethome right now, so I cannot jump ont this now. If you or anyone else want to continue, I could clone the repository to the OpenNethome Github site, so more people could collaborate on the implementation. Anybody interested?