Send same command several times

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Robban

Send same command several times

Post by Robban »

Hi,

I'm having some issues with sensors sometimes, both with Tellstick Duo and manual remote control. Some times I need to press the on button several times to get the lamp to turn on or off. Is there any way to have ONH to send the commands several times with some delay between each retry? I have a "Control" holding all lamps and when that's triggered, I'd like ONH to "press the on button several times" :)
rest

Re: Send same command several times

Post by rest »

Hello Robban!

When you define a lamp there is a field called "TransmissionRepeats". That defines how many times the command is send. I don't know how much delay this functions is using.

However some receivers work better than others. The smaller the more problems they have to receive the command it seems. LCMR1000 works very nice for me. WMR-3500 usually causes some problems.

/BR, Reik
Raspberry PI 2 and Tellstick Duo
Robban

Post by Robban »

Hi!

Yeah, I noticed there was this option for "NexaLCLamp" but not for "NexaLamp" that I'm using :-(
Robban

Post by Robban »

Is it possible to update NexaLamp module to allow ONH to send same command several times, like the NexaLCLamp function "TransmissionRepeats"?
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Yes, I have now implemented the same functionality in the NexaLamp, so it has a TransmissionRepeat-setting. If you don't set anything, the signal is repeated 5 times. The update is in the nightly build.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Oh, I also forgot to mention, there is actually an Item for exactly this kind of problem. The Item is called LampRepeater, and what it does is that it repeats the latest on/off-switch a couple of times with a small delay between. This is good if you have problems with other devices disturbing the radio transmission. In this Item, you list which lamps you want it to monitor and then it will repeat the commands for them.