Event handling

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
magher

Event handling

Post by magher »

Hi,

I might have missed it, but is there a way to handle events in OpenNethome? I'm using a Tellstick Net in my cabin to control the temperature and so on, but since the internet connection can fail I bought a Tellstick Duo to run it standalone from a Raspberry.

I use the event scheduler in the Tellstick Net to 'script' a thermosstat for the radiators. I.e 'if temp1 < 10 then switch radiator 1, 2 and 3 on'. 'If temp1 > 11 the switch radiator 1,2 and 3 off.

Is there a possibillity to do something similar in OpenNethome?

Cheers
rest

Re: Event handling

Post by rest »

God morning!

Look for ValueTrigger (under controls). I think that's what you are looking for. To start several heaters you can use a LampGroup.

/BR
Raspberry PI 2 and Tellstick Duo
magher

Post by magher »

Excellent, that was what I was looking for :)

Is there any documentation for the functionallity in the project in general? And is there any documentation on the value trigger section? The 'custom actions' section caught my attention 8-)
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, documentation is unfortunately somewhat lacking in the project. I guess it is generally more fun to add new features than writing documentation... :oops:

The action syntax is the same as you have in the command ports http://wiki.nethome.nu/doku.php/commandportsyntax, so you can do pretty much there. The Python option is not documented at all. This is a feature that is there, but I have not tried it out enough yet...