NetHome with EventGhost

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
heggholmen

NetHome with EventGhost

Post by heggholmen »

Is there any support with EventGhost? My need: I want my Sonos to start playing a spesific playlist when a particular lamp is "ON".
Nasty76

Re: NetHome with EventGhost

Post by Nasty76 »

Nethome can execute sh commands or with perl you can sent TCP or udp messages can you tell how you activate that sonos play?
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I might be guessing but I think that 'heggholmen' has found out that there is a plugin for Sonos available in EventGhost. If this is correctly understood, he is looking for methods how to generate events in EventGhost from NetHome to trigger actions for his Sonos system.

One way that could be used I have described here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11#p47
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

ok i can try look some ideas that eventghost trigger at later today.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

@nasty76

First, let 'heggholmen' work & read a bit...and better define his wishes

;)
heggholmen

Post by heggholmen »

Hi guys :)

Yes - there is already a working plugin for Sonos in EventGhost - so the description from krambriw is 100% correct.
Earlier I used SwitchKing, but i experienced very bad respond using SwitchKing when I had motiondetectors that should trigger lamps. With NetHome this works so much better:):)

Your solution krambriw, should fit my need also. Would you share a step by step guide (if it's much work, just give me some hints, and I'll try:) ) - and your python script? :)
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Okay, I hope you run NetHome in a RaspberryPi (RPi) since the description will be based on that assumption.

1) You have a working RPi with NetHome installed & functioning

2) Now install Mosquitto, follow this instruction, http://mosquitto.org/2013/01/mosquitto- ... epository/ or simply issue the following commands from a putty session

Code: Select all

wget http://repo.mosquitto.org/debian/mosquitto-repo.gpg.key
sudo apt-key add mosquitto-repo.gpg.key
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
sudo wget http://repo.mosquitto.org/debian/mosquitto-wheezy.list
apt-get update
apt-get install mosquitto
3) Now you have to copy two files to your /home/pi/ folder in the RPi:
- mosquitto.py
- MQTTevents.py
Since this forum is not allowing attachments, I have provided them for download from here:http://sto.hopto.org/Under%20constructi ... enNetHome/

4) Fix so that the python script starts at boot, in a putty session, type crontab -e, add this as the last line

@reboot python /home/pi/MQTTevents.py &
5) Reboot your RPi

6) After reboot, from a putty session, type 'ps aux' and check that the script is running and that you see in the list of processes that mosquitto is also running

7) Now is time to move to EventGhost

8) Install MQTT Client plugin, configure a client action to connect to your RPi (ip =????, port=1883, topic = /nethomeserver )

9) Execute MQTT Client action (run with green icon button) to connect to the Mosquitto broker and soon you should start to see events from NetHome coming into EventGhost log

10) Once you have reached here, we will discuss how to use the events for your Sonos control
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

oh you look handling that good , good I m total noob with event ghost , but do you guys know lets say we know what sonos want to start faforite song list. so we make example perl script example runmusic.pl
now we put there some perl code which sent sonos start command.
now we can execute that pl script via nethome example scene item and there you select exec function now we give only script path and allways when scene activate that run perl script too , I use this lot and that is handy to make something outside nethome.
here is example how I read onewire temp via raspi gpio pin and sent them upd to nethome , I have nethome item ds1820 temp plugin which I code my self , but generic upm thermometer work too. there is my perl script.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use IO::Socket;

my  $device = "10-0008028fd655";

my $ret = 9999; # default to return 9999 (fail)

my $sensordata = `cat /sys/bus/w1/devices/$device/w1_slave 2>&1`;
#    print "Read: $sensordata";

if(index($sensordata, 'YES') != -1) {
      #fix for negative temps from http://habrahabr.ru/post/163575/
      $sensordata =~ /t=(\D*\d+)/i;
      #$sensor_temp =~ /t=(\d+)/i;
      $sensordata = (($1/1000));
      $ret = $sensordata*1000;
#sent tcp packet nethome
my $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new(
    Proto    => 'udp',
    PeerPort => 8005,
    PeerAddr => '127.0.0.1',
) or die "Could not create socket: $!\n";

print $sock "event,UPM_Message,Direction,In,UPM.DeviceCode,2,UPM.HouseCode,1,UPM.Primary,$ret,UPM.Secon$

} else {

}
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

but do you guys know lets say we know what sonos want to start
There are many, many ways to send a message to EventGhost from "outside". There are plugins supporting listening for incoming events on UDP, TCP, HTTP and many more I do not even remember now. I just mentioned MQTT because I like using a message broker...but I have also used the others from time to time
heggholmen

Post by heggholmen »

Thanks a lot krambriw!! I'm running Windows - but that's my concern:) I'll give it a try - if not I have to find my RPi, I know it's somewhere:)