possible bug in NexaLCDimmer item?

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Nasty76

possible bug in NexaLCDimmer item?

Post by Nasty76 »

Hey Stefan , you do good job but I think I found little bug in dimmer plugin , when you adjust dim or bright lamp and shutdown that lamp all is ok , now when power on lamp again dim stage is which was before shutdown but dim level jump 100 so when I hit dim button again that lamp jump 90 level.I think there was forgot that store level as dim level too after shutdown?
I found this bug now cos I was use my own plugin but better maybe use your awesome items :P
And I hope I don't spam you too often I make clean nethome now for me , so much work but I think I get that nice.
I have go years with nethome and all work like charm , but my own brain not work so well I now name items somehow good and not use tempnames :)) which I make when add lamps this running nethome :). I don't even know what I was thinking when naming items like , doorbell_dingdong , doorbell , doorbelltimer etc :D
heggholmen

Re: possible bug in NexaLCDimmer item?

Post by heggholmen »

I'm not sure if I totally understands your description (please correct me if i'm wrong), but I guess is understandable since "OnDimLevel" has a value, and that is properly what's used when the dimmer is turned on. If that's the case I guess it's "As Design".

When that's said, I agree that this would be a "nice to have" function - but I also liked the "OnDimLevel" function. I'm pretty new to NetHome, but I'm starting to really see potential :)
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

i mean when using dim, bright buttons , lamp dim or bright amount of given number example: 10.
now lamp is on and I adjust correct dim level and shutdown lamp. all ok
when I put again lamp on dim level was what I adjust but if I hit dim or bright button again that start 100 level which is bug. correct way is dim level keep status after shutdown.
btw do you guys now you can adjust all items like timers , bright levels etc. via nethome set function in items. example some button you can map set function and give there example timer adjust like this: set,kidslamp,OnDimLevel,95

now when hit button or run that in scene kidslamp ondimlevel is 95.
that can be used timer too.
set,sometimer,WeekDayTimes,05:55-10:00,
now if that run scene that time adjusted week day start 05:55-10:00 and end time 10:00
so I think this is too nice good feature, if you want look how that can be set use telnet your nethome tcp command port and write subscribe and when server answer ok you can sniff there corret way example write get,someitemname you see how that line go then you can set them...
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well it is a bit messy, since the dim state is sort of stored both in the lamp and NetHome. The current behavior works as I intended it, there is a separate method in the NexaLCDimmer called "store" which is meant to be used for exactly this case. When you call that, is takes the current dim level and stores that as the on dim level, so this will be used next time you turn the lamp on. So theoretically you could get the behavior you want by instead using a scene to turn off the lamp where the scene would first call store and then off...

But I do see your point, and the behavior you describe is probably better. If I don't find out any other problems with that I will fix it.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Thank you SIR Stefan, I wait that I have huge new nethome project over 200 items need move manual new system , which use self made sent and receive unit now when I get again bitbanger work. now I get my nexa firealarms to sent message via jabber if firealarm go on.
ofc I can copy config.xml to old but I have some weird naming when test and put that first nethome up :(
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Wow - 200 Items, that is a large system!

I have fixed the issue you talked about and it is in the nightly build. It looks a bit weird that the state is off but the level is 20, but apart from that it seems to work. You can try it out and see how you like it.

I think generally using the Nexa dimmers without specifying an OnDimLevel is not optimal, since the plain nexa on command behaves weird - if you send two on commands, the dimmer starts to dim up and down in a cycle until you press on again, therefore I always set an OnDimLevel, because then OpenNetHome will send a DimLevel-command instead of an On-command and the DimLevel-command does not have this behavior.
Nasty76

Post by Nasty76 »

Well done you make that fast seems look good now , I can upgrade that my final server cos that not run any lights atm only make whole new items and name that correct :P. Nice to see you fast fix allways , I m so wow , nethome is maybe best homeautomation software , I have play little knx system with ets5 and wow that is realy brainmess :D. not easy as nethome.