Audio receiver problem?

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
Nasty76

Audio receiver problem?

Post by Nasty76 »

Hey,Stefan
I found something weird my dmesg , there is error which tell me something like when record 44.1khz raspberry has problem handle that because something like this , http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 63&t=79402
So I only ask if that java module normaly record 44.1 or alsa default?.
I can record 48khz when shutdown nethome , and I try some fix and nethome show that try capture at 44.1khz , hope you get idea whats wrong.
edit , that look bad but all work like charm I get only dmesg that message something is wrong :D.
so not so hurry to solve this if that take much time.
I see this accident , I was move my nethome to run minibian image which is tiny and boot fast. I check dmesg where my bitbanger is and accident see that log message , audio parsel still work even that go banana-state :D
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: Audio receiver problem?

Post by stefangsbb »

The sample rate is currently hard coded a 44.1. If you do get real problems with it, I could try to make it configurable, but as long as it is just some warnings in the log and it still works, I actually thing I will leave it as is...
Nasty76

Re: Audio receiver problem?

Post by Nasty76 »

Well , I think that is real problem , that eat raspi power , slower network card ,etc but nethome work 100% so I don't know , who know if next kernel patch we see some bad issue , I don't realy know.
But ofc if that is hard to change , then maybe look if new kernel fix that , that's possible too. I don't bits and bytes why some sample rate has issues but something divide or something. If I read right when that error occurred usb bus drop packets too and cause network card slow down.
I think this not be maybe 1st to do , but if there come more problem , maybe then need rethink issue.
Btw I was playing some night with lirc I think raspi can use lirc direct to get 433 MHz commands not sure but maybe that is one way in raspberry to make 433mhz input. windows and other machines audio receiver work ok because that 44.1 kHz issue hit only raspberry pi
I don't know but lirc decode ir receiver pulses and give some protocol and there is easy way make own ir commands , maybe raspi and lirc is future way make 433mhz input.