Temperature log and graph

Functionality and usage of the OpenNethome Server
goranem

Temperature log and graph

Post by goranem »

Hi,

I just took the time to update from 2.0 to the nightly build on my Raspberry installation of ONH. Everything went smooth and I could even connect to one more temperature sensor than before, but one thing doesn't seem to work. For the temperature sensor that was working before the upgrade I had set up a log file and that was working well. It logged a value every 15 minutes and I could see the graph.

After the install I copied the logfile to the folder /var/log/nethome/ and set the ownership according to the instruction. I also set a log file for the newly found temperature sensor. No data is written to any of the log files and I cannot open the graph for the old logfile. It only says "No data available" when I open the graph.

Is there anything else than copying the file, setting ownership and changing the path in the Thermometer item that must be done?

/Göran
goranem

Re: Temperature log and graph

Post by goranem »

How strange, this must be the most effective remote support I have ever encountered :D Just post about the problem in the forum and the problem is solved immediately.

I didn't make any changes, but now about one hour after starting the new version, the logging started and the old graph is available. I'm curious, what could be the reason for this delayed start of the logging and the graph?

/Göran
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

It's a kind of magic...
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Well, I think part of the reason is that the code is a bit primitive... After start the logger waits until next even hour before logging to get in sync. Why the old data was not visible, I cannot understand though.