RollerTrol?

Building and connecting hardware to OpenNethome
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Re: RollerTrol?

Post by stefangsbb »

So, now I have finished a first implementation of the RollerTrolBlind Home Item. I have tested it with a mini tube motor http://rollertrol.com/store/en/mini-mot ... motor.html, and the supported operations are UP, STOP, DOWN and CONFIRM.

Rollertrol (Adrian) have been very helpful, and supplied both information and hardware to test - Thanks!

The trickiest part was actually to get it to work with Tellstick. The RF protocol manage to hit three of the Tellstick's weakest spots, so I had to use a few tricks to get it working. In the end I had to cheat a bit and look at the Tellstick source and see how they had solved it, luckily it is also open source (thank you Telldus).

The Item supports auto create, so all you have to do is to go to the Create/Edit-page and then press a button on the remote, and then you will see an event that you can create a pre-configured Item from. Just don't forget to activate the new Rollertrol protocol both for sending and receiving in the Tellstick Item.

It is in the nightly build. Please test it and give me feedback.
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Hi, Stefan! Great, I knew Adrian would be helpful! One of the best companies I've ever delt with in my life!

But I have a problem here, I'm afraid. I have installed the nightly build, and I've gone to Create/Edit, but nothing at all comes in through the Received Event log. I can see that the Tellstick is receiving because the count rises, but nothing shows in the log. Also it seems to break the connection to EventGhost (Walter's brainchild). There is contact between EG and ONH, because I do not get the error message from the built-in check. And can see it in the EG log when I create a new event:

Code: Select all

09:13:29   OpenNetHome.RollerTrolBlind is 1
Going back to the previous version used makes it work again. That version is 2.1-SNAPSHOT-dfd6f.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Hmm, that was a bit strange. I tested exactly that scenario. I had an existing installation on a Raspberry Pi with Tellstick, I upgraded it to the nightly build. Then I went in to the Tellstick Item and activated the new protocol both for sending and receiving and saved it.
After that I went to the Create/Edit screen and pressed the remote and then I could see the event and create an Item that worked to control the motor.

Could you test it again and see what the OpenNetHome log says?
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Nothing much happening there:

15.03.12 20:09:07 TCPCommandPort Connection from 192.168.2.100 
 15.03.12 20:07:52 HomeServer Activated 32 of 32 Items 
 15.03.12 20:07:40 HomeItemFileLoader Loading Items from default.xml 
 15.03.12 20:07:40 HomeManagerStarter Logging to: C:\Users\Administrator/HomeManager%g.log 
 15.03.12 20:07:40 HomeManagerStarter **Starting HomeManager 2.1-SNAPSHOT-94d02** 
This is after a while of running, no new items surfaces in that log. Oh, and it's a Windows VM installation, with the Tellstick on a USB over TCP setup. I'm not so big on those Rasptoys. :mrgreen: The Tellstick is receiving, because I see 217 events so far (in about five minutes, I run a busy cabin). It just doesn't seem to get from there to the next level or whatever.

Edit: In case that wasn't clear I mean that I see that the Tellstick is receiving when I click it and get to the configuration page.

Edit 2: Gotta go for tonight, but if you have more suggestions I'll check it tomorrow. I can give you remote access to a copy of the VM too if that can be of any help.
stefangsbb
Site Admin

Post by stefangsbb »

Ok, I still do not quite understand what is happening. I have tested it on Windows 7 and Ubuntu too, that should not be a problem. If you could send me your configuration file (default.xml I guess), I can try to recreate your setup and see if I can find what the problem might be. USB over TCP sounds interesting, but if you see that the event count goes up in the Tellstick item that should not be the problem. You could also try to telnet to the TCPCommandPort and type "subscribe" and then press the RollerTrol remote and see if you see the raw event there.
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I have PM'ed you with the XML. But about that telnet, isn't that exactly what happens when I use Walter's plugin to read events in EventGhost? If it isn't I'll try that later today, when I'm done working.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I added a RollerTrol device to my configuration and I can see those commands in Telnet. It seems commands used are 12, 5, 1, 4.
I will therefore have to sweat a bit and update my EG plugin to support the RollerTrol before you can see any events or send commands from EG correctly.

In the mean time it should of course work to send commands to the RollerTrol directly from ONH but I have no such, cannot test

Maybe not relevant thought but is the RollerTrol depending on a certain TellStickDuo fw version?

Questions to Stefan: why have you put the RollerTrol in cathegory 'Hardware' ? I would prefer a new class like 'Devices'. My code is reading your configuration via the REST interface and is currently preparing lists of 'Lamps' with available actions for each type that can be commanded. In the same way, I would like to handle this type of equipment (otherwise my structure is being messed up :( and I think it is also more logical to consider it just as a device)

BestR

event,MinuteEvent
event,RollerTrol_Message,Direction,Out,Repeat,15,RollerTrol.Command,12,RollerTro
l.DeviceCode,1,RollerTrol.HouseCode,1,Value,
event,RollerTrol_Message,Direction,Out,Repeat,15,RollerTrol.Command,5,RollerTrol
.DeviceCode,1,RollerTrol.HouseCode,1,Value,
event,RollerTrol_Message,Direction,Out,Repeat,15,RollerTrol.Command,1,RollerTrol
event,RollerTrol_Message,Direction,Out,Repeat,15,RollerTrol.Command,4,RollerTrol
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Walter, with the latest version I not only do not see RollerTrol, there's nothing at all coming in to EG or even the log window in Create/Edit in ONH, so there is something funky going on in my system.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

No is not funky, you should IMO not see anything in the ONH log when you are sending commands from inside ONH. And you will not see it in EG either. The only thing I see in EG right now is the same as you do (OpenNetHome.RollerTrolBlind is 1) but this is nonsense

It will not work correctly in EG until I have updated the plugin (but first I would like to have the RollerTrol classified differently, as a 'Device')

In the mean time I did a little test: I sent RollerTrol commands from RFXtrx and they are all captured and visible correctly on the telnet port of ONH

What you need to check

- can you see RollerTrol events on the telnet port ?(open telnet, type o ip 8005 enter, then enter again, you should see ok, then type subscribe + enter)
- to verify that your TellStickDuo is ok, test with your RollerTrol remote or as I did, with the RFXtrx
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I know what you mean, I'm just not saying it clearly enough myself. Let me try to explain: Before I installed the new version I did what I normally do on all installs: Copied the full directory of ONH to a directory that ends with "gammel" ("old" for the Scandinavian challenged). Then I installed the new version. So I now have two ONH versions that I can juggle. One in a directory that ends with gammel when it's not in use, and one in a directory that ends with RollerTrol (new would be stupid, that's exactly what THEY would expect...and they would read my thoughts about it if I didn't have this tin foil hat! :lol: ).

With the new build everything that used to come in (Nexa, Oregon, Viking and so on) is gone. Dissappeared. Completely missing. No events comes anywhere, not even within ONH (which I can see because if I go to Create/edit nothing shows there). The only place they register is as an ever increasing number of events received when I look at the settings for the Tellstick. So I'm not sending anything from ONH, I'm sending it from the RFXtrx (and the temperature sensors are sending), and there is nothing there.

But if I then stop the newest version of ONH, rename the directory of the latest build and give the old version the original directory name, everything starts coming into both the internal log (under create/edit) and into EG.

As for the remote I'm not at the cabin now. But with the old version of ONH it sees everything but the RollerTrol, and with the new version I believe it sees RollerTrol commandos since I see the number in the settings window for the Tellstick go up more than the temperature sensors should account for.

Was that any clearer?